野性祁连竞赛规程 Race Rules
1. Trophies and prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd runner in each of the male, female and team categories in the 50 and 100km races.
2. Medals will be awarded to all finishers.
3. A 2021 TransQilian Run Race T-SHIRT will be awarded to all participants.
4. A 2021 TransQilian Run Race finisher awards will be awarded to all 50km & 100km finishers.
5. Each finisher of the 50 km event will have an equal chance to win one of the 30 guaranteed (no ballot required) places in Lanzhou100。
6. Each finisher of the 100 km event will have an equal chance to win one of the 10 guaranteed (no ballot required) places in Lanzhou100。
【Process of Registration】
1) INDIVIDUAL: There are 3 categories – Youth / Open / Masters
2) Teams of 2 persons: There are 3 categories – Male / Female / Mixed
【Conditions for Registration】
1. To register for the 50KM & 100KM of 2021 TransQilian Run, participants must be between age 18 (born on 17 JULY 2003 or before) and 60 (born 17 JULY 1961 or after)* at the time of participating in the event.
2. To register for the all categories, participants should be healthy and have no history of high blood pressure, heart disease, or other diseases that interfere with strenuous exercise.
3. Please be sure to select the corresponding group according to your personal ability and actual situation. The organizing committee will not conduct personal qualification review.
1. Participants must complete the marked course on foot under their own power.
2. Participants are required to be semi self-sufficient. You must have your mandatory equipment with you at all times during the race.
3. Outside assistance is only permitted at the checkpoints. Support crews are only permitted at the checkpoints. Support outside the checkpoints is not allowed, except in an emergency. There is, however, no restriction on buying drinks/food from the shops, restaurants and hawkers along the route.
4. Pacers and support runners are strictly prohibited. For the avoidance of doubt, participants are not allowed to be accompanied along the course by anybody who has not entered into the event.
5. Refreshments at the checkpoints are reserved for runners only.
6. Race numbers must be visible at all times on the outside of clothing (at the front).
7. If you withdraw from the event, you must inform event officials and sign the withdrawal form at the closest checkpoint (unless assisted from the course by first aid crews).
8. If you need first aid help on the course you must use the phone numbers printed on your race bib to contact event organisers who will make every effort to retrieve you.
9. Stay on the marked course. Short cuts are strictly prohibited.
10. You must carry the mandatory gear at all times during the event.Random gear checks may be performed during the event. Any participant without the mandatory gear will incur a penalty ranging from a time penalty to disqualification based on the severity of the breach.
11. You must obey directions of checkpoint staff and course marshals at all times. If you miss any cut-off times you must withdraw from the race as instructed.
12. Littering is strictly prohibited.
13. Damaging or disturbing any flora or fauna is strictly prohibited.
14. Doping and the use of prohibited drugs is strictly prohibited.
15. The participant is responsible for the actions of their support crew. Support crews must comply with all instructions from event staff and officials. The participant may be penalised or disqualified for actions or breaches of the rules by their support crew.
16. Support crews must follow the instructions of all checkpoint staff including requests to vacate certain sections of the checkpoint area. The event organisers are not responsible for the safety or whereabouts of support crew.
17. Breaking any of the rules may incur a time penalty or disqualification. Any such penalties are at the organisers’ discretion and are final.
18. Ensure your own safety and that of others. Be considerate of other trail and road users at all times. Take great care when crossing or running on roads.If another runner is injured or in distress, please assist. The race organiser will gladly deduct from your finishing time any time spent assisting an injured or distressed fellow participant.
19. TransQilian Run Race has its own public liability insurance.This does not include personal accident of participants. We strongly recommend that you have your own personal accident cover.
20. The organisers reserve the right to make changes to the event rules and requirements, route and/or other arrangements as they deem appropriate.
21. Participants must provide true and accurate information to the organisers. Any wilful dishonesty may render a participants entry invalid and the organisers reserve the right to amend and / or cancel such participants entry without compensation.
The organisers reserve the right to cancel or cut short the event for the following reasons: Adverse weather conditions\Landslides, rockfalls or hill fires along the course\Protests or blockage along the course
Force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the organiser and which renders it impossible, unsafe or impractical to hold the event.
A force majeure event shall include, but is not limited to, act of God, war, hostilities, invasion, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, riot, commotion, strikes, go-slows, lock outs or disorder, blocked or inaccessible roads or trails, outbreak of disease, acts or threats of terrorism.In such event no refund of the registration fee (and any charitable donation) will be provided.
Breaking any of the rules and requirements of the event may incur a time penalty or disqualification, depending on the severity of the breach.
Any such penalty or disqualification are at the organiser’s discretion and are final.
The following are some types of breaches to highlight:
l Not carrying any items in the mandatory gear list
l Taking shortcuts and / or not following the official course
l Littering by participant and / or support crew
l Receiving support outside checkpoints
l Using supplies (food, water and equipment) stashed away along the course
l Using supplies (food, water and equipment) stashed away along the course.
l Taking transport
l Using substitute runners
l Deliberately obstructing and/or causing injury to other participants
l Doping and the use of prohibited drugs
l Altering, damaging and/or otherwise tempering with course markings
l Damaging or disturbing any flora or fauna along the course
l Not wearing a race bib
l Continuing after cut-off times
l Not following instructions given by race officials, marshals and emergency attendants and/or volunteers
l Being abusive to race officials, marshals, emergency attendants, other trail users and/or volunteers
l Allowing somebody else to use his / her race bib
l Using a race bib of somebody else.
1. The organizing committee will conduct a mandatory gear check. If it is found that the participant has not prepared mandatory gear, the participant will be disqualified and he will be refused entry.
2. Medical service stations will be set up at the Start Point, Finish Point and each Check point.Participants can request help from the staff there at any time when needed.
3. When participants come across an emergency situation in urgent need of rescue during the race , please immediately call the Emergency Services number provided by the Organisers which will also be printed on the race bib.
4. Before the arrival of the rescue team, participants should apply appropriate self-help procedures, such as using own medical supplies, safety blanket to keep warm and waiting in a safe area.
5. During the race, participants who have been judged by the medical staff to be unable to continue the race, should strictly follow the medical staff’s instructions and complete the retirement procedure with the organisers.
6. Transport will be available for retired runners from the CPs to the finish, but there will inevitably be delays before transport is available.
7. The Organisers have its own public liability insurance. This does not include personal accident of participants. We recommend participants to have their own personal accident cover and other types of insurance cover as consider appropriate.
NOTICE: The Organising Committee reserves the right of final interpretation to all information and rules relating to TransQilian Run. In case of any inconsistency, information set out on the Official Website (www.ultraqilian.com) should be considered final.